2006-06-09

Death of Senator Forrestall

First, my sympathies to the family and friends of the late Senator Michael Forrestall.

Excerpt from Statement issued by the PMO:

Prime Minister issues statement on the death of Senator Michael Forrestall
June 9, 2006
"I was deeply saddened to learn of Senator Forrestall's passing. For four decades, he served the people of Halifax/Dartmouth and Nova Scotia, first as a Member of Parliament and later as a Senator. Both I and members of my caucus benefited greatly from his advice and support, which was based on his extensive parliamentary experience and his commitment to the people he served."
So... he and his caucus "benefited greatly" from his four decades of service, yet he wants to prevent future senators from achieving such "extensive parliamentary experience" by limiting their terms to 8 years... is it just me or is this incongruent?

No comments: