2006-09-14

Technical support nightmares

Battling with Sympatico lately. Switched to a cable-based home phone service and Ma Bell promised to put in a dry loop (naked DSL) right away. Which they eventually did, but forgot to activate the high-speed internet on it. So, after three weeks, twenty-some-odd calls to tech support saying I suspectd my dry loop had no DSL service, waiting endless hours on hold waiting for somebody to answer, hoping in vain my "ticket with the level 2 agents" would be acknowledged within 24h as promised (only to find out later its a 66h response but was ignored anyway), changing my modem because somebody was convinced it was defective, rebooting/disconnecting/resetting it umpteen times and installing new software because somebody else was convinced it was essential for the computer to connect to the service, I FINALLY landed on someone who thought of checking if the service was actually activated on my dry loop. It turns out, big surprise, that they forgot to activate my service during the install. Lovely. Now I have to call back tomorrow during the day to kindly request that they get their heads out of their butts and/or pull them away from their monitoring of people's personal stuff to get them to complete the job they were supposed to THREE WEEKS AGO.
Schadenfreudic bastards.
I'm going to bitch for a credit, over and above the time unavailable, burn that off, then switch to somebody who is actually motivated to help people.

No comments: