2011-08-02

Change - or not (yet)

When I left the office, the earliest batches of project phase 1 were starting to be finalized, the final batches of phase 1 of the project were being launched, and phase 2 of the project was being planned.

When I left the office, our program funding was in its sunset year and a proposal had been submitted for another few years.

When I left the office, our enabling authority (the legislation that allows/mandates us to do what we do) was several years past its "mandatory" review date (rumour had it that the minority government at the time feared the legislative review process would become a can of worms).

When I left the office, we had a minority Conservative government.

...

Here I am now, nine months later, about to go back to work.

I'm not sure how reassuring it is, if at all, to have learned last week (at lunch with some of my office mates) that nothing, not a single thing, has changed. Except that we have a majority Conservative government and somehow we still had an operating budget.

Not sure though how long that funding (or our legislated requirement to do our work) will last, if this is any indication of the secretive governing mindset here...

No comments: