2011-11-03

Birth order?

Had a thought provoking discussion with my mom last night. Apparently first born is supposed to be the hero, successful and achievement-oriented, second the rebel challenging authority and the way things are, third invisible quietly getting things done without undue drams or attention, fourth the clown. Apparently typical, but by no means a rule.
Being the older of two kids, those roles were not so clearly distributed. I have some of the characteristics of the hero and the rebel, seeing the potential for improvement everywhere and striving to implement it, while letting somebody else be the hero.
Armed with that awareness (and of related factors I won't publish), I can turn some of that energy inward and be even more effective (and I dare say maybe even more pleasant to some). But before wearing it outdoors, I have to decide how well this shoe fits.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments: