2006-10-15

accountability vs integrity

A talk with one of the candidates for ward councillor who was trolling for votes today reinforced my dislike for the "accountability" bandwagon. His material stressed accountability while slamming the incumbent (or her record; was it deliberately unclear?). Apparently I'm the first of 5500 people he's talked to that mentioned that.
If there's one quality I'm looking for in a city councillor, it's integrity.
The ability to influence decisions and groups to get things accomplished is the second thing I look for. Too many people ignore the first to reach the second.
Then again, there is merit to the expression "I'd rather be wrong alive, than dead right."
Tough choice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Integrity is #1 with me also, and not just in politics.