2007-09-27

git yer head back on, Tory

What's with all the fuss over politicians and their "promises" these days?
Sure it's election time, but when I go to the polls I vote for who I think has the best leadership, long-term vision and management ability to improve our collective lot. I don't want them to make promises, I want them to tell me what they stand for and how they intend to achieve it! Later I will judge them on their ability to monitor the situation as it evolves and implement the most appropriate course of action toward the long-term goal.
If the ruckus is merely because roasting public figures has become a media sport, well, lets just designate a family as useless incompetents, dress them up in silly uniforms and robes with swords and crowns and an orb, and chain them (and their descendants) to government forever so people can get their jollies. Meanwhile, the members of the other branches of government could get on with their jobs of actually governing this country responsibly and with dignity.

No comments: